The Orc’s Tale is a game you play an Orc explorer who dwelling alone in a hut and tries to seek out a solution to generate and gather magical power. As you would possibly guess, corrupting human females will play a key function on this.
Thread Updated: 2022-12-04
Release Date: 2022-12-03
Developer: tl101 Patreon
OS: Windows x64
- fully redesigned textual content rendering system – now I can show characters of completely different measurement/shade, textual content with stroke, small pictures, clickable components, and so forth. in the identical line.
- Refactoring of rendering system as an entire, if earlier than every a part of the engine rendered because it might, now there may be a single system. Added the potential to render to canvas with a clear background, which may be redrawn solely when it modifications one thing. This is utilized in the menus and within the minigame. Well, and on the whole, all layers now work extra appropriately with transparency.
- Changed the save menu. Save information can now be renamed. Changed file order – now there cannot be an empty slot between information, however a “put a new file between these two” button has been added.
- Added a quest menu. To get details about present quest or change present quest click on query mark in higher proper nook. Or get a brief trace by hovering your mouse over it.
- Implemented the primary model of the navigation menu.
- Added the primary model of the minigame “Catch Dora”. It’s a extremely “mini”, I’ll be enhancing it additional. Read extra within the handbook within the game.
- Added one occasion and one big scene.
- Major added occasions:
- Ivy meets Helga – her new roommate,
- Ivy will get into hassle on the bandits’ camp – Orc rescues her and saves Jane at the identical time.
- Ivy meets Dora – she’s a medic and examines Ivy after the bandits’ camp.
- Dora is caught – Dora goes to observe Ivy and falls into the arms of Orc. A minigame was deliberate right here, however I have never had time to make it but.
- Feeding Jane.
- Deep Throat Training – lvl 3-4.
- Added numerous small occasions. Implemented occasion system.
- A rollback system has been applied.
- The save/load menu has been improved.
- Added 4 new occasions:
- “Rob a vault 1” – You and Ivy efficiently get into the vault and take what you want;
- “Rob a vault 2” – Ivy goes alone, fails, and desires your assist to get out;
- “Deep Throat Training” lvl 1-2.
- Added a time of day system.
- Big internal engine improve.
- Added alternative to avoid wasting and cargo the game.
- Small modifications within the engine and UI.
- Neutral inexperienced model added. The ugly model differs from model 0.01 solely with minor modifications to the person interface.
- The settings menu has been partially applied, and you possibly can change to the basic dialogue view in it.
- Also within the settings menu you possibly can barely customise how textual content appears to be like – change the font measurement, place on the display, and so forth.
- Now if you hover your mouse over a clickable space, a small tooltip with an outline of the action seems.
- Initial Release
I keep in mind again in early June, after I first began modeling the scene for this update, I believed it could be arduous for me to do all the things I had in mind. And that I want to do automation (see under), to modify to Blender since Daz Studio just isn’t a modeling program, and that the rendering takes an excessive amount of time and my makes an attempt to cut back this time solely worsen the standard of the image. Then I had two decisions: to do all the things that I’m now planning for the 0.05 release or proceed to do as I did earlier than. By that point two months had already handed for the reason that earlier release and I used to be afraid that the primary possibility would take too lengthy, and the second… effectively, how lengthy would it not take? – A month, two tops. Lol. (I understand now that there was additionally a 3rd possibility – to make the scenes easier, like in earlier releases.)
But the second possibility ended up taking six months. Hence the conclusion – with the instruments that I’m utilizing now, it’s not possible to make the scenes that I need inside an affordable time frame. I actually have to vary instruments. I’ve already written about switching to Blender in earlier posts, now I’ll write concerning the engine enhancements I plan to make.
What I need to do for the following release:
1) Additional layers. Controlling the transparency of every layer individually will permit me to create completely different attention-grabbing results and save memory. For instance, on this release I made a setting for the transparency of the orc in a single scene. There are three fastened choices – totally clear, semi-transparent, and totally opaque. I might have used the fragment mixing mode, however it was already busy with the graceful pores and skin reddening impact. If the orc was in a separate layer, I might modify its transparency easily, and the scene itself would take up 3 times much less space in memory. With extra layers, a system of clothes and accessories could possibly be made. And if I might control the transparency of the layer utilizing masks, I might make a system of destroying garments.
2) “Slow Variables”. Now the engine should maintain all the fragments of the picture in memory as it may well not know upfront which piece it wants in the following second, and dynamically to load them throughout rendering is simply too gradual. “Slow variables” are variables that may change not often. For instance – what the character is carrying, or the stage of Pregnancy. Obviously, these items won’t change typically, not like the character’s feelings or poses. Accordingly, after implementing this technique, the engine will have the ability to maintain in memory solely these fragments that it wants within the close to future.
3) Transformations – in order that it’s doable to reuse the identical picture in completely different scenes. Or render a number of of the identical style of background objects.
4) Automatic splitting into areas and fragments. This is one in all the sorts of routines I wrote about above. I do it manually now, for this release this work took a number of months. If applied, this work could be accomplished at the clicking of a button.
After implementing all these enhancements, I’ll have the ability to do all of the scenes on my engine the best way I supposed them. I’ll nonetheless proceed to enhance it. I nonetheless wish to add full animation there, I want to provide you with one thing with UI and so forth. But all this just isn’t pressing. I.e. after implementing this performance I’ll restrict the time of labor on the engine to 1-2 weeks per release (not 1-2 months as now).
This release consists of 1 occasion -> the minigame -> one scene. It ends with Orc leaving to rescue Helga from the arms of bandits. Accordingly, in the following release, the foremost occasion is “Orc meets Helga”. The minigame can be improved. Also plans to considerably enhance the win scene within the minigame. I need to make this scene extra interactive. I imply, immediately Dora reacts to your actions, however it’s extra of an ornamental factor – it would not have an effect on something. But how a lot I can enhance this scene will depend upon how rapidly I determine the blender.