The year is 1956; a series of bizarre murders rocks the city of Tokyo. Tokisaka Reiji, an ex-cop turned private eye, joins the investigation at the behest of his friend Uozumi Kyozo, a detective in the MPD. At the same time, he takes on a missing persons’ case at a private all-girls high school, as well as a mysterious request from a girl named Toko to find her true self. As Reiji frantically struggles to crack the case, he learns that the murders bear an uncanny resemblance to a case in which his own fiancé was murdered six years ago. But try as he might, the body count just keeps rising…
Original title: 殻ノ少女
Thread Updated: 2023-07-29
Release Date: Japan 2008-07-25, English Version 2011-06-29, Voiced Edition 2013-10-04, FULL VOICE HD SIZE EDITION 2019-12-20, Patch v1.04 2020-07-06
Developer: Innocent Grey
Language: English, Japanese Voice
Sequel: Kara no Shojo II
2. Copy the three files from folder Patches and paste them in the game directory(C:/Program Files/Kara No Shoujo).
- You’ll probably need to change system locale to Japanese(not tested on another system locale), then install NotoSans-Regular.ttf to avoid text issues and run Launcher.exe.
- The patch ports the translation from the English Voiced Edition by MangaGamer to the FULL VOICE HD SIZE EDITION.
- Patch highlights:
- transfers translated text from the official english release (all 537 scripts, incl. character names and choices);
- translates UI (menus, dates, chapters, places, notebook, map, relations, etc);
- fixes text output in NVL sections (vertical, right to left -> horizontal, top to bottom);
- fixes text alignment in choices;
- translates prologue (also known as japanese trial version);
- translates new text (interludes, crime scene intros, misc).
4. Partial list of changes in comparison with original release:
- CGs redrawn in 720p with better lighting and anatomy (+ added some new ones);
- new opening;
- Voiced protagonist;
- jump to choice option;
- investigate crime scenes as long as you need;
- extras now has ending list.
- “The game looks blurry in fullscreen mode [critical] – To fix that, change desktop resolution to 1280×720 and check free aspect ratio in the game options.”
- “Opening doesn’t play after prologue [critical] – If you have LAV Filters installed, try resetting settings or uninstalling it. This can be the reason.”
- “Takashiro hospital becomes Takanari after loading save file with map section [minor] – No solution”
- “Screen is not fully dimmed, when “end investigation” dialog appears [minor] – No solution”
- “Some very long sentences are splitted [not a bug] – Making a font even smaller is not an option. Using 4 lines with current size won’t be enough and will look ugly
I suggest you checking voice continues after advancing in the game options.”
Win: WORKUPLOAD – ANONFILE – RACATY – WORKUPLOAD – NOPY
Full Voice HD Size Edition
Win: MEGA– NOPY – ANONFILE – MIXDROP – TERMINAL – UPLOADHAVEN
Special BGM Collection
TERMINAL – ANONFILE – WORKUPLOAD – ZIPPY – NOPY
Shiravune Censored Full Voice HD Size Edition
Win: GOFILE – MEGA – MIXDROP – PIXELDRAIN – UPLOADHAVEN
Thanks to superelmo for the torrent.