DiBS is an action exploration game with a ‘grapple mechanic.’
When a creature comes near her, they grapple.
When grappled, you navigate her to break away from the grapple, or she’d be dicked.
Oh, the tragedy.
We lastly have the practice station! It feels extra vigorous now in comparison with the barebones of earlier than. There’s even some classic newspaper in the giftshop.
West Wing is tremendous neat to see in-game. It’s like a small distinction to the opposite mall. In reality, the 2 malls are related. So if Mox enters the membership first, she’d go by way of the West Wing first, with a pathway that results in the opposite mall.
Animated Woof Eyes
Hey, it is Animated woof eyes! The coronary heart will even seem after woof exhibits his calm eyes.
Ammo Swap Order
The ammo order may be swapped backwards and forwards! If you’d want to make use of the smallest amount of ammo first, simply hover subsequent to the journal to click on the type button.
- Added a couple of refinements and taste environments to practice. An define of the door will present and there may be a semi-functional gentle change.
- Re-enabled pc dialogue in Mox’s ship.
- Mox’s blaster will visually present when it is empty. It’ll additionally present that it is disabled when in Mox’s ship.
- IdleMox: Mox will pull out her telephone after being idle for some time. This will likely be for a future ending too
- Behind-the-scenes file reorganization.
- Fixed Mox duplicating when trying to take a seat down and hug woof.
- Fixed jazz music by accident being performed too early when wolf opens door.
- Fixed settings crashing when a setting merchandise is lacking.
This is legitimately certainly one of the cooler ranges I set to work on, at the very least in phrases of ambiance.
Currently, Mox can wait in the entrance of the carriage till the vacation spot, or filter out the practice.
There are nonetheless extra issues I’d prefer to add (particularly sound results + significant reward at the top of the carriage + make it longer). But this ought to be a Building block to hopefully a cool stage!
We have totally different wolf interacts now! Depending on how well-dressed Mox is, he has an ever-so-slightly totally different response. Plus, he additionally drops his cinema tape. It appears to be like so goofy.
Also planning on a mini quest for koubold and wolf to influence them to their house planet, however that is for a lot later.
Speed Up Tenta-
It’s again! This was an previous mechanic that made the tenta-icons transfer sooner. No one seen or understood it, so was disabled in 0.1.7. Now, it has visual suggestions and it is completed with the extra intuitive ‘right-click’ as an alternative of ‘space’.
More New Things
- Added “wolf” cinema tape, dropped after saucy.
- Mox can sit in the mainhub.
- Koubold lastly sends Mox to the save room.
- Clicking on stamina bar can skip minigame.
- New splash display.
- Replaced water space with a ‘breather’ hall for pacing.
Known new bugs
- Cursor disappears when in fullscreen (have not been in a position to replicate bug. Seems mounted although.)
- Fixed duplicating dropped ammo when exiting stage.
- Fixed umbrella damaged in gallery.
- Fixed snack icon not being eliminated after giving.
- Fixed merchandising machine duplicating snack after giving.
- Fixed crashing when settings file is outdated
- Both F1 and ` can open the console.
- Settings now save. Can be discovered in AppDataRoamingDeep in Brixen SpaceDiBS or ~/.native/share/Deep in Brixen Space/DiBS.
- Pressing S multiple occasions whereas getting into doorways repeats the getting into sound.
- Pressing B makes game fullscreen and breaks UI
Cursor disappearing when in fullscreen (?). Unconfirmed if mounted.— Not mounted, for some purpose.
- Pressing Tab exhibits all of the tapes Mox collected. Should assist with holding observe what number of tapes are left. Fast, Medium, and Slow Saucy Speed
- Anyway, saucy now has gradual, medium, and quick. It mechanically accelerates after each 5 seconds, then goes again to gradual. Slower Camera
- Camera panning is slowed down by half. It’s much less jarring now. Using a controller additionally makes the digicam slower. More console instructions
- Press ` to indicate console.
- New instructions: — addclothes — removeclothes — givecircles — clearcircles — resetenemies
- Removed ‘well being’ command for redundancy + ambiguity + damaged.
- Some menu UI inconsistency.
- Fixed out of bounds in elevator scene.
- Numerous locations the place Mox’s sprite can part by way of.
- Fixed game components (doorways, change, and so on.) persisting when restarting game.
- Yoga Mox: Her arm may rotate 180 horizontally.
- Controller works now, together with aiming.
- Even works on menus.
- — Left Stick / D-Pad – Move
- — Right Stick – Aim
- — Right Trigger – Shoot
- — Right Bumper – Flashlight
- — A – Jump
- — X – Reload
Your suggestions may be very welcome.
If you’ve concepts for a way the controller ought to work, head on to Discord recommendations!
Finally, Some Options
- Implemented choices system.
- It additionally saves. When you reopen the game, your settings will likely be the identical.
- Options to date:
- — Keyboard mode: QWERTY or AZERTY
- — Fullscreen and borderless.
- — Volume sliders (SFX, Music, Voice)
- Press ` to indicate console.
- Commands to date:
- — ammo
- — well being
- — unlockgallery
- — resetgallery
- Finally added “dialogue” system. (It’s principally simply to indicate textual content on-screen.)
- Fixed ammo duplicating when utilizing a door.
- No extra bullets by way of partitions.
- Controller: Fixed bounce delay.
New Creature – Noodle
- Floats to Mox. Goofily.
- Really dumb. Doesn’t perceive how partitions work.
- Can be discovered close to the debug door.
That’s the ninth (ninth) creature in the game. Three (3) creatures left to make!
“Oh, there it is!” – Persistent Ammo System
- Magazines now keep while you go away. Absentminded-Mox no extra.
- Interact “outline” is not going to present up when your magazines and ammo are full.
- Koubold is barely much less damaged now, however nonetheless damaged. He’s proving to be troublesome to work with. Real cussed lizard.
- Hand and ‘creature’ coronary heart eliminated.
- Bugs may be seen in Known Bugs
(Update: I- What? Koubold works now. I do not know why? I imply, there are nonetheless different bugs, however there was an enormous one the place he generally actually disappears. It’s mounted, and I can not for the lifetime of me work out why.)
- The walnut guarding close to the debug room is now retired. Replaced with noodle.
- Noodle would generally play its animation in the Chamber, even when it was nonetheless in choice.
- Randomly, some entities would begin floating (from introducing the floating mechanic). Fixed.
- Koubold ought to now cease teleporting after a grapple.
- Koubold “should” cease disappearing. (?)
Known Bugs Low Priority
- Cinema Room: Moxie strikes left and proper very quick if the cursor is hovering over her (in cinema).
- You can enter a new room whereas being grappled.
- “Creature Hat”: Creatures climb partitions when participant and creature occupy the identical space close to a wall.
- GrappleMechanic: Can’t transfer diagonally when there are two Tentacles which are hooked up to Moxie.
- In water, operating to both facet whereas spamming bounce appears to play splash SFX solely on the left channel.
- The elevator platform “blinks” when transferring away from it.
- Koubold: His grapple will generally get Mox’s icon caught for no obvious purpose.
- Koubold: During the minigame, his broom will transfer throughout the display. This additionally strikes different gadgets, like garments, ammo, and cinema tapes. Impressive.
What to anticipate subsequent in August:
- Cinema Animation
- — Oh boy right here come new anims
- Noodle Flashlight Mechanics Implementation
- — Was quickly eliminated on account of bugs. To be re-implemented in August
And that is it! Next update will likely be on August 30.
Less Pathetic Bullets
— Bullets deal extra injury (3 photographs for many creatures)
Where’s the ammo?
— Removed some ammo magazines. Magazines are rarer now.
More motivated creatures
— Stunned creatures recuperate sooner.
Where are they?
— Fewer creatures, and specializing in exploration a bit.
Reloads: “Good enough.”
— If you attain 95% of your reload, you may nonetheless reload.
Less Missed Jumps
— Less probably to fall off platforms as a result of of dangerous jumps.
— In nerd phrases:
Speedy When Naked
— Grapple Minigame: Tentacles are sooner when participant is bare
— Grapple Minigame: Player’s velocity is barely elevated.
– If you shoot creatures which are bunched up, the hit sounds repeat.
Things can change.
Bugs can seem, then be squashed.
Finally, content will likely be added, even when at a gentle, albeit gradual tempo.
(But it would not need to be wink wink)
DiBS is being labored on below my spare time,
normally one or two days per week, so content update is gradual.